Seeds – Auto vs Fem

Welcome to The Growers Tent Forums First time growers Seeds – Auto vs Fem

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    WilliamMighty Manfred
    Participant

I’m as ignorant as a new born bud. I haven’t tried growing anything good since a cousin and one other friend and I grew a small plant in the closet of the bachelor’s pad be shared in the early 70s. And that experiment was hardly what could be called successful, as we ended up smoking the thing when it was  barely a foot and a half tall.

Anyway, here’s my question: Is the size of the seed an indicator of whether it is feminized or auto? Are some feminized seeds small? Are auto seeds usually smaller than non-autos?

As far as my experience has taught me.   Seed size shape and color are not indicators. There was a study on the ends if them meaning something but the accuracy was not 100%

I recommend buying trusted feminized seeds from a reputable breeder and seed bank.

As for autos they are controlled by genetics and the seeds should look the same as the rest.

Did you have old seeds that you wanted to try?

WilliamMighty Manfred
    Participant

*Thanks* for that!  I’m new to all this, but from what other people have said, the vendor from whom I purchased the seeds is a highly reputable one. I was only concerned after seeing another new grower asking the question about whether seed size is related to whether the strain is an auto flower, as the seeds, when they arrived, seemed rather small. From what you and others have said elsewhere, my fears are baseless. (And, no, I don’t have old seeds with which to experiment.) 🙂

ScottyScotty Pimpin
    Participant

“As far as my experience has taught me.   Seed size shape and color are not indicators. There was a study on the ends if them meaning something but the accuracy was not 100%.

I recommend buying trusted feminized seeds from a reputable breeder and seed bank.

As for autos they are controlled by genetics and the seeds should look the same as the rest.

Did you have old seeds that you wanted to try?”

This – nothing on the outside will tell you about the inside.

WilliamMighty Manfred
    Participant

Thank you

What breeder and strain did you get?

I’m a seedsman fan boy.  But there are a lot of reputable breeders out there.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
TOP QUALITY CANNABIS SEEDS
Crop King Seeds (COM)Shop New Strains World Class Cannabis Seeds 728x90
Buy Forbidden Runtz Auto from Fast Buds